Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Who had a Handsome Steady named Ken?

Who's been a Member of a Rock Band, a woman's World Cup Soccer player and a successful Business Woman? If you haven't guessed by now it's "Barbie"!
She debuted at the American Toy Fair in New York in 1959 and cost a whopping $3.00 each. I got the second one sold in my hometown that year and she wore a black and white striped bathing suit, open-toed shoes, sunglasses and earrings. I out grew her about a year later, but I never forgot her. Wish I still had her I bet she'd be worth a fortune!
Over the years Barbie has achieved the title of the most popular fashion doll ever created. Better yet good for Ruth Handler her inventor....We just gotta give her some credit!
Post a Comment
“It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.”

Erma Bombeck

In memory of Sheryl

In memory of Sheryl
and those who died on 9/11

Facebook Badge