Monday, April 11, 2011

2011 Traveling Art Doll



Another year of the traveling art doll is in full swing. This is the first one I have received, Sandie Nowell made this wonderful headless, armless and topless mermaid. I decided what I was adding to her was a top! Cant have her nekked can we? She'd be so embarrassed when she did get eyes!
I found this white stretchy material and a lace trim. I decided on the stretch fabric so that whoever puts the arms on can move the fabric out of the way.



I looked at it for about a week until deciding it was just too white. I decided to tie dye the stretchy fabric to blend in with her tail. I knew I couldn't get it exactly the same color but hopefully blend it to go with the tail. I then took out my watercolors and painted the lace trim. Turned out pretty good I think. I also pierced her tail and added a friend named Sam to hang along with on the journey all over the US.

To read more about all the Traveling art dolls check out the blog http://adotravelingdollproject.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment
“It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.”

Erma Bombeck

In memory of Sheryl

In memory of Sheryl
and those who died on 9/11

Facebook Badge