Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ginny traveling art doll number three


I saw Ginny and that gorgeous face and head dress that she had on and decided she needed a vintage cape to go with it. So out of a sleeve from a black velvet dress with inlaid rhinestones (my grandmother made my mom in the '30's) I made her a cape which is now a jacket. And, that is a whole other story you will have to read about on the Traveling Art Doll Blog. I also crocheted her a black bag to go with it that has a rhinestone closure.


Crocheted bags were quite the thing back in the good old days. Ginny was originally made by Paula Brinkman for the Traveling Art Doll Project for 2011. Head and face by Sandie Nowell.
Post a Comment
“It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.”

Erma Bombeck

In memory of Sheryl

In memory of Sheryl
and those who died on 9/11

Facebook Badge